The feeling of hope, the feeling of love,
in summer it is never lost.
My favorite season, my favorite weather,
the sun bouncing off our musical laughter.
Fixed up in my jean jacket,
running around in pj shorts at night,
no one minding if we cause racket.
Because summer creates happiness,
that we take for granted.
And when summer dissappears,
our happiness disingrates with it.
All those days spent getting ice cream,
at beaches, malls because their cooler
than the outside, vacations,
and baseball games and amusment parks.
Summer, you make me smile.
You make me wake up and sleep with laughter.
Even when your saying goodbye to us at night,
your still one of the most beautiful things
I have ever laid eyes on.
On the creek, at the dock, or just on my street.
Summer, I can't stop looking at you.
And right now, I can't stop waiting for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment