Thursday, 2 February 2012

Downtown's Dream

The camera propped up at the perfect angle,
getting a shot of beautiful Downtown.
The sun is like the spotlight,
stretching downwards to us.
Talking about the game in about
five hours time.
He was holding my dream.
My dream of talking about sports,
so much your brain will turn
into a sports encyclopedia.

So with my face split in half with
blue and green covering from the top
of my forehead to the very bottom
of my chin,
I looked up to the sky peeking
through the train tracks
and started to give myeself encouragement,
and maybe, just maybe.
A little to much excitment and hope.

Because do you ever feel that you really
really want something and you would
do mostly anything to get it?
That's how it felt in that moment.
And that moment,
stuck with me forever.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you are doing here. Bring me a print copy of this and lets look at some revisions together. I think your on to something connecting themes of love, and hope, and other emotions to the love of hockey!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please notice that I misspelled you're in the comment above. :)

      Delete