Thursday, 2 February 2012

Little Town Imagery

As I fell shapeslessly from the sky,
I passed by all the different
scenaries at such a different pace.
The edging trees letting go
of its leaves like a mother
letting go of her children.
The waterfall cascading down
with that little brown deer
peering up at me.

Thud.

And I land on the rocky ground,
picking shreds of long, green grass.
Something makes me want to move,
and not take in this overwhelming area.
As I stand up and feel just tall enough
to stretch up and reach the clouds
floating in the ocean blue sky,
something grasps me,
vigoursly.
Pulling at me with every muscle
of their body.

What is this?
Why does it feel like I'm nowhere?
There's no houses or extravagant dancing lights,
like my busy never to be sleeping hometown.
I, a city girl, am not used to this calmness of nature,
with some birds gliding across the sky,
interfering with the transparent clouds.
The whistle of the flowers swaying in the
lightest breeze I have ever felt,
makes me feel a little more calmer.

But then the hand pulls on me again,
and all the flowers have vanished into
empty chip bags and toxic-less pop bottles.
The waterfall is just a tower of boxes,
paper, magazines, tissues, and tuna cans.
The blue sky lost its sun,
lost its beauty,
lost the transparent clouds,
lost its color.
The blue sky I'm afraid, is now a smoggy grey.
The leaves of the tree on the ground are
nowhere to be found,
nowhere to be seen with the grass disappering.
And that little brown deer,
must have ran away too.

No comments:

Post a Comment